Air Fryer Bagel Bites make what might be the easiest snack there is to make. It’s perfect for after school snacks or whenever you just have the munchies.
» You might be interested in How to Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer.
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI PRO LE 5-QT AIR FRYER
There are a lot of features to love about this air fryer, but top of our list are the tempered glass display, super easy to clean basket, and ability to add shake reminders.
A box or bag of frozen bagel bites is all you need for this tasty air fryer snack. I can guarantee you there’s no easier or better way to heat bagel bites than in the air fryer. Give it a try and you’ll see.
We’ve been using the microwave for years to make bagel bites, but you know what – they sometimes turn out a little squishy. In the air fryer, they’re crisp and bubbly, just the way they were meant to be.
You can make your own bagel bites or use premade frozen bagel bites for this recipe. We will give you the instructions to make both below.
What Bagel Bites to Buy
There might be many different types of pizza bagels you can purchase, but there’s only one Bagel Bites. These were invented by two guys from Florida and the brand is now owned by Heinz and Ore-Ida.
Bagel Bites come in a box of 9 (typically) and you can get them in four different flavors: mozzarella, cheese & pepperoni, cheese sausage & pepperoni, and three cheese. You can also get Bagel Dogs!
Cooking Frozen Bagel Bites
Place the amount of bagel bites you want to cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook on 360° F (180°C) for 5 minutes.
Check to make sure the bites are cooked to your preferred doneness before removing from the air fryer. Every air fryer is a bit different, so you might need a minute longer for your bites.
Remove the bites when done and eat while hot.
Times for Cooking Bagel Bites
Most of the time, you’re going to be cooking these Bagel Bites from frozen. That’s how you store them, in your freezer. For frozen Bagel Bites, you’ll need to cook them for about 5 minutes in the air fryer.
If your Bagel Bites are defrosted and no longer frozen, they may take a minute to a minute and a half less time to cook, so take a look at them after 3 minutes 30 seconds, to see if they need more time.
How to Make Homemade Bagel Bites
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 6 Mini bagels – You can find these in the grocery sometimes. If you can’t find them, you can use regular sized bagels, but they won’t be the same.
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce – I don’t usually get too fancy with the tomato sauce. I just use a can of tomato puree with a little bit of oregano. You can make pizza sauce, if you want to get a bit more fancy.
- 2 ounces pepperoni – You can buy pepperoni in sausage form and cut it into little pieces, which is a great option. Or you can get pepperoni pieces, already cut into small cubes. If you can’t find those, get slices and you can cut them into small chunks yourself.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – The best option here is to get shredded mozzarella cheese that you will cut into smaller pieces. A block of fresh mozzarella isn’t the right type of cheese for this purpose, because it contains too much water.
Open up the bagels. Spread a little bit of tomato sauce on all the bagel halves. Add a mixture of chopped pepperoni and chopped mozzarella to each bagel.
Set the bagel bites carefully into the air fryer basket, so they aren’t touching or overlapping. Cook on 360° F (180° C) for 5 minutes.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
For frozen bagel bites
- 1 package bagel bites
For homemade bagel bites
- 6 mini bagels
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
For frozen bagel bites
- Add frozen bagel bites to the air fryer basket, so they aren't touching or overlapping. Cook on 360° F (180° C) for 5 minutes.
For homemade bagel bites
- Open up the bagels. Spread a little bit of tomato sauce on all of the bagel halves. Add a mixture of chopped pepperoni and mozzarella to each bagel.
- Set the bagel bites carefully into the air fryer basket, so they aren't touching or overlapping. Cook on 360° F (180° C) for 5 minutes.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.