Air fryer chicken patties are quick and result in juicy patties perfect for your burgers. Whether you use homemade chicken patties or store-bought ones, these are cooked to perfection in an air fryer!
»You might also like these Air Fryer Chicken Breast without Breading or these Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich.
Super Useful Air Fryer Accessories
Once you’ve started using your air fryer more regularly, you’ll find there are so many other ways you *could* be using it, if you had a few extra useful accessories. Here are a few favorites that we use almost every day.
- 12-piece accessories kit for 3.7-5.8 quart air fryers – includes silicone cake pan, cake barrel, pizza pan, toasting/warming rack, skewer rack, silicone mat, bread rack and more
- Thermopen instant read thermometer for checking the internal temp of your meats
- Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle – BPA, latex, and dehp-free plastic, won’t clog or shatter, reusable, refillable, recyclable
Although store-bought chicken patties are convenient, I prefer making them at home. That’s because you can adjust the flavors according to your liking. So, it’s really up to you whether you use frozen or homemade chicken patties.
When you cook them in an air fryer, the patties don’t require oil. They cook evenly and are done in no time at all. Use the chicken patties to make a delicious chicken burger for lunch, or serve it on a bed of lettuce for a low-carb alternative.
Ingredients You Need
If you’re using store-bought chicken patties, then that’s all you need. You can place as many chicken patties into the air fryer as can fit in a single layer. For me, that’s about 4 chicken patties at a time. You’ll also need burger buns and accoutrement if you’re making chicken burgers.
If you’re going to make your own homemade chicken patties, then you’ll need a few more ingredients.
- Ground chicken: The main ingredient for this recipe is ground chicken. You can either buy minced chicken or boneless chicken and ground it at home. Moreover, you can go for frozen chicken mince as well.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is a type of Italian cheese that has a hard texture. It usually comes in blocks. Parmesan cheese has a nutty yet fruity flavor and is very refreshing.
- Garlic salt: Garlic salt is seasoned salt. It is a blend of sea salt and garlic powder and has a garlicky flavor. If you don’t like garlic flavor, you can also use any other seasoned salt. Celery salt also tastes good in this recipe.
- Seasoning: Salt and black pepper are enough to bring out the flavor in this chicken patty recipe. However, if you like more flavors, add herbs, or chili powder, etc.
- Spray cooking oil: Spray cooking oil is an amazing product for air fryers. However, if you don’t have cooking spray oil, you can grease the air fryer basket with olive oil as well.
- Optional: Breadcrumbs and egg wash. If you want a crispy breaded chicken patty, you can coat it in breadcrumbs.
How to Make Your Own Chicken Patties From Scratch
To make your own chicken patties, combine the ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. I just use my hands for this, because it’s easiest to make sure everything gets mixed together well.
Form two flat, round patties with the chicken mixture. Put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up before cooking.
You can double or triple this recipe to make as many chicken patties as you need. Remember that raw chicken should always be cooked to 165 degrees F to be safe to eat.
How to Cook Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
Making chicken patties in an air fryer is very easy. Here are the few simple steps you have to follow:
Step 1: Start by either taking the chicken patties out of the freezer or mixing up the ingredients for your homemade chicken patties (see instructions below).
Step 2: Prepare the air fryer basket by spraying cooking oil on the bottom of the basket so the chicken patties don’t stick. Place chicken patties in the basket.
Step 3: Cook thawed or homemade chicken patties in the air fryer for 8 minutes at 400° F (200°C). Flip the patties over halfway into the cooking process, so they get evenly browned on both sides. For frozen, cook the chicken patties for an additional 2-4 minutes, for a total of 10-12 minutes.
Keep in mind that all air fryers cook slightly differently, so the timing might vary for your chicken patties. Frozen patties may need a few more minutes to finish cooking.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer. You don’t need to thaw frozen chicken patties. In fact, in my opinion this is the best way to cook frozen chicken patties. Place them, frozen, in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400° F, flipping halfway.
Can you add more spices to chicken patties?
Absolutely! You can add different spices to make your chicken patties even more delicious. You can add Italian herbs, jerk seasoning, cumin, paprika, etc., to make them spicy and flavorful.
Can you coat these chicken patties in breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can coat your homemade chicken patties in an egg wash and then add breadcrumbs on each side. This will give the chicken a crunchy exterior, but it will need to be sprayed with cooking oil before cooking in order to produce that nice crispy crust.
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI PRO LE 5-QT AIR FRYER
There are a lot of features to love about this air fryer, but top of our list are the tempered glass display, super easy to clean basket, and ability to add shake reminders.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- 2 chicken patties homemade or purchased
- Spray cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
For homemade chicken patties
- 1/2 pound ground chicken 225g chicken mince
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional breadcrumbs and egg
- To make your own chicken patties, combine ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. Form flat, round patties and place in refrigerator to firm up for 15 minutes. Note: patties can be coated in an egg wash and breadcrumbs, if desired.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and add chicken patties. For homemade chicken patties, cook at 400°F (200°C) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. For frozen purchased chicken patties, cook at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- You can coat the patties in an egg wash and breadcrumbs if you want. That’s an optional step for crispy chicken patties. Spray with oil before cooking.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin this recipe for later!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Chicken Patties (Frozen or Homemade)”
How do you keep the chicken patties from drying out. I’ve cooked them before and they was dry.
I add finely chopped onion to mine. The onions keep them from drying out