Air Fryer Crispy Gnocchi makes a fun snack idea and it’s quick to make. Coated with a mixture of spices and parmesan cheese they come out crispy and piping hot in the middle.
Among the many snack recipes we’ve made in the air fryer, these crispy gnocchi are one of our favorites. All you need is a bag of shelf-stable gnocchi, olive oil, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese. All you do is toss the gnocchi with olive oil, and then the seasonings, and put it in the air fryer.
You can make a quick batch of crispy gnocchi for everyone to snack on while you’re making dinner, or put it out during a game night as an appetizer. Try these pasta chips in the air fryer as well, so easy and fun!
What Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is everything you need to make air fryer crispy gnocchi:
- Gnocchi: Gnocchi is pretty easy to find. You can get any brand you like. You can also make them at home. It’s best to use shelf-stable gnocchi, if you have a choice.
- Shredded parmesan: shredded parmesan adds a cheesy and nutty flavour to this recipe. It also makes a crispier exterior, but it’s optional.
- Garlic powder, salt, and paprika: This blend of herbs and spices add tons of flavour to this recipe.
- Olive oil: Toss the gnocchi with olive oil to help it get crisp while it cooks. You can also spray them with cooking oil, if that’s easier for you.
- Dipping sauce: Marinara or ranch dressing go well with these gnocchii for dipping, but you can also get creative.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Gnocchi
The process for making these crispy gnocchi is so simple that it’s almost pointless to give instructions.
All you have to do is toss the gnocchi with olive oil, or spray them with cooking spray. Then toss them with the seasonings. Pour them into your air fryer basket.
Cook on 400 degrees F for 16 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway point.
Serve hot with marinara sauce. So simple!
Making crispy gnocchi is really easy and there’s not much that can go wrong, but here are a few tips you should keep in mind when making this:
- Don’t forget to shake the basket halfway through the cook so all sides of the gnocchi get evenly cooked.
- You can toss the gnocchi with any other kind of seasoning you like, maybe some Italian seasoning, or seasoned salt.
Super Useful Air Fryer Accessories
Once you’ve started using your air fryer more regularly, you’ll find there are so many other ways you *could* be using it, if you had a few extra useful accessories. Here are a few favorites that we use almost every day.
- 12-piece accessories kit for 3.7-5.8 quart air fryers – includes silicone cake pan, cake barrel, pizza pan, toasting/warming rack, skewer rack, silicone mat, bread rack and more
- Thermopen instant read thermometer for checking the internal temp of your meats
- Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle – BPA, latex, and dehp-free plastic, won’t clog or shatter, reusable, refillable, recyclable
What to Serve Them With
There are so many dipping sauces you can serve with these air fryer crispy gnocchi. I love serving it with marinara sauce. That’s everyone’s favorite. But you can also serve it with ranch dressing or a creamy alfredo sauce. Pesto is also a great choice for dipping.
How to Store Air Fryer Crispy Gnocchi
I have to say that these crispy gnocchi are really best when consumed pretty soon after frying. That’s because they taste great hot and not amazing when they’re cold.
That being said, you can store the leftover air fryer crispy gnocchi. Once they are cool down, store the leftover in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat them again, just pop them in the air fryer for a few minutes to heat them back up and re-crisp the outside.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Crispy Gnocchi
- 1 pound potato gnocchi shelf stable
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Toss the gnocchi in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the gnocchi into the air fryer basket and cook on 400° F for 16 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway point.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.