Air fryer crispy chicken tenders are breaded and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Breaded with egg, breadcrumbs and seasoned salt, this recipe is super easy to make and is very convenient.
» Also see our recipe for making Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich or try making an Air Fryer Whole Chicken.
These chicken tenders are a perfect snack to satisfy your hunger or add some cottage fries and a side salad for a full meal.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken tenderloins: The main ingredient you will need to make these crispy tenders is chicken tenderloins. These are the tender strips that attach to the side of the chicken breast. You can buy chicken tenders. Or you can use chicken breast and cut them into strips. You can also purchase pre-breaded chicken tenders.
- Egg: You’ll need a whole large egg. It acts as a binding agent and helps the breadcrumbs stick to the chicken tenders. Make sure the egg is at room temperature.
- Breadcrumbs: You can use plain or seasoned breadcrumbs. Or even them yourself. Season them with dried herbs, salt and paprika for more flavor.
- Lawry’s seasoned salt: This is a blend of salt, spices, and herbs that’s perfect for adding flavor to the chicken. You can choose to add spices separately as well. Whatever works for you.
- Salt & pepper: Just salt and black pepper are a simple way to season the chicken tenders.
- Spray cooking oil
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
Here is a simple step by step guide on making crispy chicken tenders in an air fryer:
Step 1: Start by washing and patting the boneless chicken breasts dry. Cut the chicken into strips or “fingers” and set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk the egg and set it aside.
Step 3: in another bowl, add breadcrumbs and the seasonings (except salt and black pepper). You can also use a plastic Ziplock bag. It is a convenient way to coat the chicken without getting your hands dirty.
Step 4: Dip the chicken tenders first in the egg and then place them one by one in the breadcrumb mixture so that they are well coated. You can repeat the step twice for more crunch.
Step 5: Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the coated chicken tenders in it by keeping some distance between them. It is important that you keep space; otherwise, they won’t cook evenly.
Step 6: Cook the chicken tenders for about 10 minutes at 350-degree f. Don’t forget to flip the tenders halfway into the cook.
Step 7: Once done, take them out of the air fryer, season with salt and black pepper, and serve.
What to Pair with Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders
When you’re looking for something to pair with your crispy chicken tenders, we’ve got a few ideas.
- Sauces and dips: These chicken tenders are a perfect snack that goes so well with any sauce of your choice. Whether ketchup, bbq sauce, garlic mayo, honey mustard, you can enjoy these with any sauce or dip you like.
- Serve with French Fries: Chicken tenders and French fries go way back! Whether it is potato wedges or sweet potato fries, I bet you can’t keep your hands off them.
How to Store Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders
It’s best to air fry only the amount of chicken tenders you wish to eat at the moment. That’s because they don’t store well once they’ve been cooked. The breading won’t remain crispy and will have to be cooked again to get that crunch back. Cooking them a second time will lead to over-cooked, dry chicken.
If you have to store them, you can keep left overs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer on 400° F for 5 minutes.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
What Oil & Oil Sprayer is Best for the Air Fryer?
The biggest issue most air fryer lovers face is finding the right oil and oil sprayer to use on food cooked in the air fryer. A fine mist of oil will help the entire piece of food crisp evenly, so it’s very important.
My personal preference is to use canola oil, extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil. I use both a refillable spray bottle like the Evo one pictured below and non-propellant extra virgin olive oil, which has not harmful aerosols or chemicals.
- Bang Bang Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- 6 Major Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
- Essential Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt or similar
- Spray cooking oil
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg. In another bowl (or ziplock bag) combine the breadcrumbs and seasoned salt.
- Dip the chicken tenders, one at a time, in egg, then roll or toss it in the breadcrumbs.
- When done breading all the chicken, spray both sides of the tenders with cooking oil.
- Place each piece of chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket or turning the pieces at the halfway mark.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Like it? Pin It For Later!
3 thoughts on “Easy Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders”
My family and I love it. I will definitely make again. Super easy and great flavor!
Why doesn’t my chicken strips brown and look pretty ?
Anna, did you spray the chicken strips with cooking oil before you air fried them? Sometimes all they need is a little spray of oil to help them brown and get crispy.