These Air Fryer Pork Chops have no breading and are an excellent choice for a quick and healthy meal. Coated with a delicious seasoning, they’re juicy and delicious on the inside.
I love cooking pork chops in the air fryer. It is by far the simplest method for cooking excellent pork chops and delivers a tender, juicy result every time. Whenever I’m not sure what to make for dinner, this is my go-to. It’s quick and simple to prepare, so you can have dinner on the table in no time.
You can cook a pork chop or pork loin steak using this same method. It can be bone-in or boneless. Try to get chops that are at least 1″ thick. They take about 10 minutes to cook. A little thicker will take a few minutes more.
Unlike many other pork chop recipes, this one does not require any breading. This makes it low carb, keto-friendly and super simple. And pork chops go well with a variety of side dishes, such as Air Fryer Acorn Squash or Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes.
Ingredients You Need
- Pork Chops – It is up to you if you would prefer bone-in or boneless. I like using bone-in because it has more flavor, but boneless is leaner. Go for a chop that’s at least 1″ – 1 1/2″ thick.
- Cooking oil spray – You don’t need much oil for this recipe so a cooking spray oil is a great way to go. You could also rub or brush on olive oil if you don’t have spray.
- Paprika – Spanish or smoked paprika can be used for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar – Both light brown and dark brown sugar work. Dark brown sugar has more molasses, so it will have a stronger taste.
- Onion Powder – Adds a little sweet and savory note to the rub.
- Garlic Powder – Compliments the sweetness of the onion powder for an extra layer of flavor.
- Salt & Pepper
Why No Breading?
I’m not sure when it became normal to put a breading on pork chops. Likely it was when shake and bake became popular. Adding breadcrumbs to pork chops gives them a crunchy exterior, but it’s definitely not necessary. I find that air frying pork chops without breading leads to the best outcome.
Breading adds carbs to an otherwise lean protein. It’s really not necessary to add these extra carbs and calories to your meal.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
Mix the spices together in a bowl. Pat dry the pork chops and rub the seasoning liberally on each side.
Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket, preferably not overlapping. Spray the pork lightly with oil. If you don’t have spray oil, first coat the pork with oil, then dust on the seasoning. The oil keeps the rub from burning and helps give the pork a nice browned crust.
Cook at 380°F for 15 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking.
Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chops. The meat must reach a minimum of 145 degrees F internal temperature for medium rare, 150 degrees F for medium. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached this temperature. Continue cooking until your desired temperature is reached.
Questions About the Recipe
Can I use boneless pork chops with this recipe?
You can cook boneless pork chops in the air fryer just like bone-in chops. Because there is no bone, cooking boneless chops will take slightly less time to cook through.
How do I know when the pork is cooked?
The thickest section of the pork should be 145°F internally, followed by a 3-minute rest. To determine the internal temperature of the pork, use a meat thermometer.
Can I use different seasonings?
You can use other seasonings if you choose. You can also substitute a seasoned salt or dry rub of your choice. For those seeking a kick, red pepper flakes or cayenne powder will give a spicy kick.
Tips and Advice
- To ensure consistent cooking, remove the pork from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- Allow the cooked pork chops to rest for a few minutes outside of the air fryer when they’re done cooking. Resting meat keeps the juices in the meat, resulting in a much juicier product.
- When purchasing pork chops, look for ones that are at least 1 inch thick or thicker. They will dry out in the air fryer if they are not thick enough. The cooking time will be determined by the thickness of the pork chop. The temperature of the pork, rather than the length of cooking time, is more essential.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Pork Chops (no breading)
- 2 pork chops at least 1” thick, bone-in or boneless
- Spray cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) paprika Spanish or smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.75 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) ground black pepper
- Mix the spices together in a bowl. Pat dry the pork and rub the seasoning liberally on each side.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket, preferably not overlapping.
- Spray lightly with oil. If you don’t have spray oil, first coat the pork with oil, then dust on the seasoning.
- Cook at 375°F for 10 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking.
- Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chops. The meat must reach a minimum of 145 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached the desired temp.
- The time it takes to cook these pork chops depends on the thickness of the meat. If they are thinner, it might take 10 minutes, or 15 minutes for thicker.
- Always check the internal temp of the meat to ensure it’s done.
- Boneless pork chops will take less time to cook then bone-in.
- You can use any seasoning you like in place of our dry rub.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Like it? Pin it!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.