These Easy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders are a really fast and convenient meal idea. They turn out super crunchy, juicy and delicious in just minutes in the air fryer.
» You might also like these Air Fryer Quesadillas.
I can tell you, the easiest fastest method for cooking frozen chicken tenders and having them turn out crispy and delicious is putting them in the air fryer. They are way better this way than in the oven, and a lot faster too.
I use a Ninja Max XL air fryer and this thing is the bomb for cooking frozen foods. You don’t need any extra oil. All you have to do is dump them in the machine and hit start. It takes just 8-10 minutes in the air fryer at 400° F.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen chicken tenders: The main ingredient you will need is chicken tenders. For me the hardest part is finding good ones that have a firm meat filling and not something mushy and unidentifiable. We like Tyson’s chicken tenders or Foster Farms crispy strips.
- Salt & pepper: You don’t need a lot of seasoning. I find that just a sprinkle of salt and pepper is all that’s needed.
- Dipping sauce: Use your favorite dipping sauce – ketchup, honey mustard, etc.
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
Space frozen chicken tenders apart in the air fryer basket. There is no need to spray the basket or the chicken tenders with oil.
Air fry at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, until crispy, flipping carefully halfway through.
Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce on the side.
What to Pair with Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
When you’re looking for something to pair with your crispy chicken nuggets, we’ve got a few ideas.
- Sauces and dips: These chicken nuggets are a perfect snack that goes so well with any sauce of your choice. Whether ketchup, bbq sauce, garlic mayo, honey mustard, you can enjoy these with any sauce or dip you like.
- Serve with French Fries: Chicken nuggets and French fries go way back! You could also serve potato wedges or sweet potato fries.
- Corn on the cob: We love serving these with corn on the cob. Both finger foods. Both delicious.
How to Store Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
It’s best to air fry only the amount of chicken tenders you wish to eat at the moment. That’s because they don’t store well once they’ve been cooked. The breading won’t remain crispy and will have to be cooked again to get that crunch back. Cooking them a second time might lead to over-cooked, dry chicken.
If you have to store them, you can keep left overs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer on 400° F for 5 minutes.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
- Bang Bang Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- 6 Major Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
- Essential Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- 8 frozen chicken tenders
- Ketchup or BBQ Sauce for dipping optional
- Space frozen chicken tenders apart in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, until crispy, flipping carefully halfway through.
- Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce on the side.
- Some chicken tenders are larger than others. Smaller chicken tenders will need 12 minutes to cook the larger ones will need 15 minutes.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Like it? Pin It For Later!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.