These air fryer sausage patties are super quick to make in the air fryer. Breakfast has never been easier. They turn out crispy and perfect, without all the greasy spatter.
» You might also like these 22 Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes.
If you like to cook sausage patties for breakfast, you will love the ease of making them in the air fryer. You don’t have to thaw them, just toss them in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-8 minutes.
It’s a great time saver to cook your sausage in the air fryer, because you don’t have to babysit them like you do on the stove top. Just toss them in and let them cook while you’re off finishing up your morning routine.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This will be a very short list, obviously. You only really need one thing:
Sausage patties – These can be fresh or frozen. I usually buy fresh Jimmy Dean’s sausage patties. You can also buy sausage and form the patties yourself, if you want. Try your hand at making the sausage yourself with this recipe.
Another option is to buy pre-cooked sausage patties, which are usually frozen. These will take less time to cook in the air fryer because they’re already cooked, they just need to be warmed.
How to Make Air Fryer Sausage Patties
Place the patties in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Spread them out a little to make sure they all cook evenly and get nicely browned.
Cook for 8-10 minutes at 400° F. Flip them over halfway through to ensure even cooking. The reason I say 8-10 is because sausage patties tend to vary in size. If you have thicker patties, they may need an extra minute or two to cook through. They should reach an internal temperature of 160° F when they’re done.
If you’re cooking your sausage patties from frozen, you might need to leave them in for a few extra minutes. Put them in the basket from frozen and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
If you’re cooking pre-cooked sausage patties, they will only need about 6 minutes total cook time.
When the sausage is done, transfer it to a paper towel lined plate to blot the extra oil, or just put it on your plate and enjoy.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
What to Use Sausage Patties For
At our house, sausage patties are generally just eaten as is straight from the air fryer. You can also serve them on a breakfast sandwich. They’re great with an egg, some cheese, and a biscuit or croissant.
You can also just serve them alongside your other breakfast favorites like scrambled eggs, waffles, pancakes, French toast, or crepes.
Tips For the Best Sausage
These quick tips will help you achieve the best result from your sausage.
- The thickness of the sausage patty and the wattage of your air fryer can affect the cooking time so you might need to adjust the total time to get your best result.
- Don’t overlap the sausage when you put it in the basket. It needs space to cook evenly, so the air circulates around all sides.
- The internal temperature of sausage needs to be 160° F. Check it the first time you make this sausage to know for sure when your sausage is done.
- Some grease will drip off the sausage as it cooks, but it might still have a bit of grease that can be blotted off when you remove it form the fryer.
Store any left over sausage patties, covered, in the fridge. Properly stored, they’ll last for 4-5 days. When you are ready to reheat them, just put them in the air fryer again for 3-4 minutes to warm them up.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Easy Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- 4-8 sausage patties fresh or frozen
- Place the patties in a single layer, not touching, in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 400° F. Flip them over halfway through to ensure even cooking. They should reach an internal temperature of 160° F when they're done.
- If cooking from frozen, cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. If cooking pre-cooked sausage patties, cook for 6 minutes total.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin this for later
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.