Air Fryer Mini Tacos are made with frozen mini tacos and any dipping sauce you have at your disposal to form an awesome and delicious snack or quick lunch.
» You might also want to try this Air Fryer Quesadilla.
You should try making mini tacos with an air fryer because it is the best way to prepare them. All you have to do is transfer the frozen tacos into the air fryer basket and turn it on. It doesn’t heat up the house like an oven and the tacos are super crispy when you take them out.
We really like making mini tacos in our air fryer because they are done in 6-8 minutes and it’s healthier than deep frying with oil. In the end, you will get crispy and crunchy mini tacos to enjoy.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen Mini Tacos – Store-bought frozen mini tacos are made with shredded chicken, pork, or beef, cheese, and taco seasonings. They can either be made with flour or corn tortillas. Buy whatever brand you like.
- Dipping Sauce – Serve these mini tacos with any dipping sauce you like: salsa, Ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or cheese sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Mini Tacos
Place the frozen tacos in the air fryer basket. Try not to overlap them. Air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point. After 8 minutes, they should be nice and crispy on the oustide. If they aren’t, you can continue cooking them for a few more minutes until they reach your desired crispiness.
There’s no need to spray these with cooking oil because they already have oil in them from being pre-cooked. If you add more oil, they could become too greasy.
Remove the mini tacos when they’re done and serve them with salsa, nacho cheese, or another dipping sauce. These are so good as a snack that they’re often gone in a few minutes. Serve them as an after school snack for extra points from your kids.
Tips & Notes
- Properly place the frozen mini tacos in the basket. If they are crowded or overlapping, they won’t cook as evenly and might have spots that aren’t as crispy. The air must be allowed to flow freely around each taco.
- It’s best to place only eight frozen mini tacos air fryer at a time, unless you have a really large air fryer. This will help them cook evenly.
- The cooking time and temperature will vary depending on the air fryer you use, but on average it works well to air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or bag. When you keep them in the refrigerator, they can last up to three days. To warm them back, you need to place the mini tacos in the air fryer on 400° F for 3 minutes.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is oil required when frying mini tacos in an air fryer?
With an air fryer, you don’t need oil when frying mini tacos. The mini tacos already have oil in them, so they won’t stick to the air fryer. Adding oil will cause them to be greasy.
Is it necessary to cook mini tacos before air frying?
No, it’s not necessary to cook mini tacos before air frying; you may choose to preheat the air fryer to 400° F before frying the mini tacos, but preheating isn’t necessary.
Which Are the Most Popular Frozen Mini Tacos to Buy?
There are numerous mini tacos on the market that you can buy, but each has different ingredients and even types of tortillas.
Some are filled with seasoned beef while others are filled with chicken; some are wrapped in corn tortilla while others are wrapped with a flour tortilla.
These brands are among the most popular frozen mini tacos you will find in the market:
- Trader Joe’s Mini Tacos
- Don Miguel Mini Tacos
- Jose Ole Mini Tacos
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Mini Tacos
- 8 frozen mini tacos
- Dipping sauce optional
- Place the frozen tacos in the air fryer basket. Try not to overlap them. Air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point.
- Remove and serve with salsa, nacho cheese, or other dipping sauce.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Pin it for later
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.