These Air Fryer Mini Corndogs are simple to make in just under 10 minutes, starting with frozen corndogs that you can buy in a package at the store.
If you like corn dogs, these mini ones are perfect for a quick snack and they are super easy to make in the air fryer, so you don’t have to worry about heating up the oven anymore.
We love preparing mini corn dogs with an air fryer because it makes them crispy, crunchy, and perfectly cooked inside. Serve them with ketchup or any dipping sauce you like for a fun and easy snack.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Ingredients You Need
- Frozen Mini Corndogs – It used to be that you could only get the full sized corn dogs, but now mini corn dogs can be found pretty much everywhere in the US. The brand we used are Foster Farms Mini Corn Dogs. You can also get State Fair brand, Johnsonville, and you can get them from Schwan’s.
- Ketchup and mustard – I like to dip my corn dogs in a mix of ketchup and mustard. Is that weird? Anyways, you can choose whatever dipping sauce you like for these.
How to Make Air Fryer Mini Corndogs
Place the corndogs in the air fryer basket. Try not to overlap them. They need space around them to crispy up properly.
Air fry them at 390°F for 8 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point. I usually just shake the basket a few times during cooking. This ensure they get cooked perfectly all around.
While I’ve found that 8 minutes is pretty perfect, you might need to cook them longer, depending on your air fryer and how frozen the corn dogs were. If you like them extra crispy add an extra minute or 2 to the cook time.
Remove and serve with ketchup and mustard.
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI PRO LE 5-QT AIR FRYER
There are a lot of features to love about this air fryer, but top of our list are the tempered glass display, super easy to clean basket, and ability to add shake reminders.
Tips and Notes
- Put the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer. Space them out as much as you can. Try no to allow them to touch each other. If you are preparing a large quantity, you can do it in batches.
- Depending on the type and size of your air fryer, these corn dogs should cook in about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard or any desired dipping source of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are frozen mini hot dogs precooked?
Snacks are meant to be fast and easy to cook. So, yes, you can get pre-cooked frozen mini hot dogs. You can buy them from grocery stores. This just makes everything so easy. This is because all you have to do is take them out of their pack and put them immediately into the air fryer.
Can you put a corn dog stick in an air fryer?
Yes, you can. Spray olive oil in your air fryer and place the corn dogs in it. Note that after heating, everything will be hot, including the stick. So, you have to be careful while picking it out of the air fryer. I always use tongs to remove them. The good thing is that the sticks don’t burn. So, you don’t have to worry about a charred stick.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Simple Air Fryer Mini Corndogs
- 1 box Frozen mini corndogs
- Ketchup and mustard optional
- Place the corndogs in the air fryer basket, try not to overlap them. Air fry at 390°F for 8 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point.
- Remove and serve with ketchup and mustard.
- If you like them extra crispy add an extra minute or 2 to the cook time.
- There is no need to use cooking spray. As they cook they will release oil from being pre-cooked.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!