Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans are a great side dish that you can always have on hand in the freezer. It takes just 8 minutes to cook in the air fryer and is a very healthy side dish to pair with any meal.
For those times when you need to make a quick side dish, frozen green beans are a great option. They are generally less expensive than fresh, already washed and chopped, and blanched (partially cooked), so they cook quickly in the air fryer with almost no effort on your part.
You might be thinking they won’t cook well in the air fryer, they’ll turn out soggy or floppy and discolored, but they’re nearly as good as fresh. With just 8 minutes in the air fryer, they turn out with a slight crunch, a bright green color, and great texture.
The air fryer is a huge time saver and a great tool for convenience. Whether you’re making fresh or frozen green beans, it does both very well. I use a Ninja Max XL air fryer with a 3.8L basket, but you can use any air fryer for this recipe.
Ingredients You Need
- Frozen green beans – You can make as much or as little as you like at a time, as long as it fits in your air fryer basket. I use whatever brand is at the grocery – usually Signature Select. Use whatever is convenient for you.
- Oregano, salt & pepper – season with half the seasoning before cooking and the rest once it’s done cooking.
- Olive oil – I give the green beans a quick spray of olive oil before cooking to make sure they don’t turn dull or dry while cooking. You can also drizzle on a bit of olive oil if you don’t have an oil sprayer.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
This is super simple because there’s so little prep involved. You don’t need to wash, cut, or thaw the green beans. Just have to open the bag and pour it in.
Pour the frozen green beans into the air fryer basket. Cook at 380° F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Continue cooking if you like your green beans to be well done with no crunch or snap left. I think it’s pretty perfect at 8 minutes. However, everyone’s air fryer is different, so it’s possible this isn’t enough time for your air fryer. Adjust as you see fit.
When they’re done, remove the green beans from the air fryer. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning, to taste. If you like a little more flavor, add a little more salt, or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
How to Know When the Green Beans Are Done
This method will make green beans that still have a little crispness to them, with slightly charred on the end. This is my preferred way to eat green beans. If you like yours more cooked and softer, you’ll need to turn the temp down to 370° F and cook for 10 minutes. Lowering the temperature will prevent them from burning.
Because people like their green beans at different degrees of doneness, you might need to adjust the temperature or timing to make it perfect for you.
You can determine when they are the perfect amount of doneness through sight and touch. After 8 minutes, pull out the basket and squeeze one of the beans. It will likely still be al dente and a bit crisp. Cook longer at a lower temperature to get them well done.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Simple Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- 1 pound (450 g) frozen green beans
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) ground black pepper
- Pour the frozen green beans into the air fryer basket. Spray lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle on half the seasoning. Cook at 375° F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Continue cooking if you like your green beans well done.
- Remove from the air fryer. Season to taste.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.