There’s no easier way to make a personal size pizza than in the air fryer. Air Fryer Frozen Pizza doesn’t require the entire oven to be preheated, only takes 8-10 minutes to cook, and turns out perfectly crisp.
» You might also like Air Fryer Tri Tip Steak.
If you’re looking for a quick meal to make for yourself, without a lot of fuss or time consuming steps, I simply can’t imagine anything easier than a frozen pizza in the air fryer.
I hate to make a personal pizza in the oven because it just seems like a waste to pre-heat the entire oven just for one small pizza. And that’s where the air fryer shines. You can easily pop a personal pizza in the basket and the pizza is done in a flash with out any preheating necessary.
I also like to use the air fryer to reheat pizza, which I think is probably the best possible way to reheat pizza. One of the biggest challenges of any pizza – freshly baked or reheated – is getting the crust crunchy without overdoing the toppings. The air fryer’s all-around circulation ensures that you get both that crispy crust and nicely melted cheese.
Ingredients You Need
There’s really just one ingredient here, unless you’re making your own pizzas and freezing them for later, but that’s a different recipe than what we’re doing here. So all you need is a….
- Frozen personal pizza – Go for any type or brand you like, so long as it fits in your air fryer basket. Usually a personal sized pizza or French bread style pizza will fit in anything bigger than a 3-quart air fryer. Just make sure to measure the first time so you don’t end up disappointed when it won’t fit.
Note: I have made so many different brands of frozen pizza in the air fryer. They definitely do not cook all the same. So you really can’t use this recipe as a “be all end all” for pizza. You have to be prepared to adjust the temperature and time setting to fit your pizza.
If you have a thick crust pizza, like DiGiorno, you will likely have to cook it at a lower temperature for longer in order to get the crust cooked through without scorching the toppings.
If you have a thin crust pizza, like Red Baron thin crust, you may want to cook it a little higher temperature for less time.
- Air fryer: I use this 4-quart basket-style air fryer. It’s large enough to fit a meal for 4-6. But some things need more space in the air fryer basket, so they cook evenly.
- Kitchen tongs: It’s very easy to remove food from your air fryer with kitchen tongs. I use these kitchen tongs that are silicon coated so they don’t scratch the interior.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
Place the pizza directly in the air fryer basket with no parchment paper or tin foil under it. These things can prevent the crust from getting cooked through and crunchy.
Cook at 330°F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, check the pizza for doneness. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes at a time until it’s cooked to your preference.
You might have to worry about toppings flying around in the air fryer. If it will be a problem, you’ll know after the first minute or so – so take a quick peek. If the pepperoni has flown off, you can secure it down with tooth picks.
I almost always find that this is the perfect amount of time for a personal pizza in the air fryer. The crust is cooked through and crispy, and the toppings are melted and getting a little crisp, but not burned or overdone.
However, every air fryer is a bit different, as is every frozen pizza you might bake. For these reasons, you may have to adjust the cooking time and temperature slightly to achieve your desired results.
Notes for Best Outcome
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You should not thaw the frozen pizza before cooking it. Cook it from frozen.
- Make sure you remove all of the packaging before putting it in the air fryer.
- There is no need to preheat your air fryer. If you do, the cook time might be shortened.
- If your pizza is especially thin, cook it for 1-2 minutes less. If it’s especially thick, you might need to add a few minutes.
- After 6 minutes, cook the pizza no longer than 1-2 minutes between checks, so you don’t accidentally overcook or burn it. It cooks really fast at the end.
- Don’t set the pizza on anything – just directly on the basket.
- If your toppings seem to be cooking too fast, you can spray the top lightly with cooking spray, which will prevent the toppings from scorching.
Reheating Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
To reheat a frozen pizza in the air fryer, follow the exact same instructions in the recipe card below. It will take about 6 minutes in a 330° F air fryer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- 1 prepackaged frozen pizza
- Place the pizza directly in the air fryer basket (no parchment paper or tin foil). If your air fryer has the tendency to blow toppings around, you might need to anchor down pepperoni with toothpicks.
- Cook at 330°F for 8 minutes. Check the pizza for doneness. Continue cooking for 2 minutes at a time until cooked to your preference.
- Every air fryer is a bit different, as is every frozen pizza you might bake. For these reasons, you may have to adjust the cooking time and temperature slightly to achieve your desired results.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Pin it for later
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.