Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots are the perfect finger food for a party or get-together. They’re sprinkled with a savory seasoning salt, then glazed with a Sriracha honey glaze and cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
» Looking for more air fryer appetizers? You might try these Crispy Sweet Potato Chips or Crispy Potato Skins!
The only thing about these bacon-wrapped tater tots that you won’t like is how fast they fly off the plate. Of course, we all know that bacon makes everything better, and that’s definitely the case with these delicious appetizers.
They’re more substantial then most appetizers, and you won’t want to eat more than a handful, but believe me that they’ll be the hit of any spread.
This recipe assumes that you are using store-bought tater tots. These come in various sizes, so you may have to adjust the cook time if yours are bigger or smaller than the average tater tot size.
You’ll use half a slice of bacon to wrap each tater tot. I’ve found that it’s easiest to cut them lengthwise in two, and use the longer strands of bacon to wrap the tot. If you cut them horizontally, they’ll be shorter and won’t wrap onto the tot as well.
What You’ll Need
- Tater tots – Store bought tater tots are easy and convenient. Keep in mind that they can vary in size so you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Bacon – Cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise. Bacon is a great ingredient for building flavor and adding a crunch to the outside of the tater tot.
- Seasoning salt
- Honey – You want to select a good quality honey. Preferably one that is fresh and in liquid form. Honey can get crystallized over time, which won’t work as well for this sauce.
- Sriracha – The most important ingredient in this sauce is the Sriracha. I prefer Huy Fung Foods Sriracha with the rooster on the bottle. Another brand that’s good is Flying Goose Sriracha with the goose on the bottle.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack over the baking sheet (optional).
Sprinkle the seasoning salt evenly over the tater tots and toss to coat each piece.
Cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise. Wrap one strip around each tater tot. You can wrap two strips around each, but that does make the calorie count of this snack a bit high.
Next, you’ll make the glaze. This is an easy-to-make sauce of just Sriracha and honey. No extras are needed. These two ingredients together are magic. Just mix them together in a small bowl.
Add the tots to a bowl and drizzle on the glaze. Toss to coat each piece in the glaze.
Add the tater tots to the air fryer. I use a parchment paper round on the bottom of my air fryer to keep them from sticking. If you don’t have one, spray the basket before putting in the tater tots.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is browned and the tots are crispy. Serve with more of the spicy glaze as a dipping sauce.
Is it Better to Use Frozen or Defrosted Tater Tots
We used frozen tater tots when we made this recipe. Its easier to wrap them and keep them from falling apart if they’re frozen. That being said you could use defrosted tots. Make sure to adjust the cooking time as they may cook a few minutes faster.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots With Sriracha Honey Glaze
- 20 tater tots
- 10 strips bacon cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the tater tots in a bowl and sprinkle the seasoning salt evenly over the tots. Mix to coat each piece.
- Cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise. Wrap one strip around each tater tot. Add the tots back to the bowl.
- Mix the honey and sriracha together and drizzle half of it over the tots. Stir to coat. You can secure the bacon ends together with a toothpick, if you wish.
- Spread the tots evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is browned and the tots are crispy. Serve with remaining sauce.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
One thought on “Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots”