These Air Fryer Lamb Chops are made with rosemary, garlic, and cooked to perfection in the air fryer for a flavorful, tender, and easy weekday meal.
» You might also like these Easy Air Fryer Ribs.
If you’ve been looking for the right technique to cook lamb chops, this is it, and they’re excellent. They’re elegant enough for a special occasion yet simple enough for a weeknight dinner. They cook in approximately 10 minutes and the air fryer locks in all the flavor with a nice crust.
I love a quick and easy healthy weeknight dinner like this. You can serve this with any side, but I recommend fingerling potatoes, green beans, or Brussels sprouts – all of which can be made in the air fryer at the same time. Lamb chops are so versatile!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lamb Chops – This dish can be made with either loin or rib chops. I prefer ones that are about 1″ thick and don’t have the long rib bone attached. It makes it easier to put them in the air fryer basket.
- Olive Oil cooking spray – Spraying on a little olive oil will keep the lamb from getting dry and will give it a nice golden finish.
- Seasonings – Rosemary, Thyme, Granulated Garlic, Salt & Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Pat dry the lamb chops with a paper towel, then rub them all over with the olive oil. This will help the herbs stick to the exterior and will give them a nice crisp crust without drying out.
Mix the spices together in a bowl and sprinkle the seasoning evenly onto the lamb chops. Be sure to get all sides.
Set the lamb chops in the air fryer, trying not to overlap them. My air fryer basket will fit about 8 side by side. If you’re cooking more than can fit, you might want to consider cooking them in batches, so they aren’t stacked up. But they’ll be fine as long as they aren’t resting right on top of one another.
Cook them on 375° F for 10 minutes, flipping them over at the halfway point. I always like to check the internal temperature of the meat at the halfway point. You don’t want to overcook them, so it’s good to keep an eye on the temp as it approaches 8 minutes.
Medium rare is at 125°F, medium at 130°F. I personally pull them out at 128°F because the carryover cooking will bring it to 130°F, which is perfect for me. You should cook them to your preferred doneness, though I don’t recommend going past 140°F because the texture changes and it’s not great.
Remove the lamb chops from the air fryer and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Additional Helpful Tips
- You can substitute your favorite rub for the seasonings listed in the recipe if you want to.
- Make sure to salt the lamb thoroughly for the best taste.
- Allow the lamb to come to room temperature before seasoning and cooking it.
- Increase the cooking time to 18-25 minutes if using a whole rack of lamb.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to get a good sear on the lamb chops.
You can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat for a few minutes in a 350°F air fryer or in a hot skillet until warm. Take care not to overcook so that it becomes dry.
Lamb chops can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap them carefully in plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What herbs and spices best accompany lamb?
Thyme and rosemary are my favorites but other spices I would suggest are oregano, basil, sage, and mint. Experiment with different flavors, such as turmeric and curry powder, to give the lamb an Indian flavor.
Can I bake these in the oven?
Yes, these can be baked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C). Bake on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
At what temperature should air fry lamb chops?
The suggested air fryer temperature for lamb chops is 375° F. This provides for an even cook on your lamb chops and prevents them from becoming dry.
What Side Dishes to Serve?
You can serve some really easy side dishes with your main dish cooked in the Air Fryer. Sometimes, you can cook them together in the air fryer to make it even faster.
Some of our favorite side dishes to serve include:
- Air fryer cauliflower
- Air fryer baked potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- Corn on the cob
- Crispy smashed potatoes
- Cottage fries
Here are 28 more air fryer side dishes to try
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- 8 (680 g) lamb chops about 1.5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.05 g) rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.75 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) ground black pepper
- Pat dry the lamb chops with a paper towel. Rub them with olive oil.
- Mix the spices together in a bowl and sprinkle evenly onto the lamb chops.
- Set the lamb chops in the air fryer, trying not to overlap.
- Cook on 375° F for 10 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Remove the lamb chops from the air fryer and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Pin this recipe for later!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.