These keto-friendly Air Fryer Hamburger Stuffed Mushrooms are dressed up just like a delicious cheeseburger and perfectly sized for lunch.
>> Need more air fryer recipes? Try these Easy Air Fryer Green Beans or these Air Fryer Italian Sausage.
We use our air fryer for so many things now, because it’s so much faster and more efficient than the oven. These stuffed mushrooms are so quick to make in the air fryer. I make them often for lunch.
If you still want to eat a hamburger for lunch, but without the bun, these are the perfect substitute. I make a lot of loaded burger bowls and lettuce wrap burgers, too, but this is another great way to enjoy a burger.
How to Make Air Fryer Hamburger Stuffed Mushrooms
We use portobello mushrooms for this recipe because they’re big enough to make a burger-sized serving. You’ll want to source mushrooms that are about as big as the palm of your hand. Brush any dirt off them with a paper towel and remove the stem from mushroom, being extra careful not to break the base of the mushroom.
In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper until blended. Form two round patties that will fit inside your mushrooms.
Pack the ground beef inside the mushroom. Again, you have to be a bit careful while doing this so you don’t split the mushroom open. Put the mushroom in the palm of your hand to give it a firm base as you compact the meat into it.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 3-5 minutes. Lightly spray the basket with oil. Place the mushrooms in the basket and cook for 6 minutes. Then open the basket and baste the tops and sides of the stuffed mushroom with butter.
Cook an additional 6 minutes. If you wish to melt cheese on top, add a slice of cheese with one minute remaining (any longer and it might slide off the top).
Remove the stuffed mushrooms from the basket. Garnish with your desired toppings.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Note: The internal temperature of your hamburger stuffed mushrooms should reach 145 degrees in 10-12 minutes, depending on your air fryer. With carry-over cooking, this will bring your meat to medium-well. If you want it less well done, cook for 8-10 minutes or remove when the internal temperature reaches 135.
Can I Cook These in the Oven?
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook your hamburger stuffed mushrooms in the oven. Preheat to 380 degrees F and cook for 15 minutes. Then check the internal temperature of the meat with the thermometer to make sure it’s reached 145 degrees.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Hamburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 6 ounces ground beef 85/15 preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo
- Remove the stem from the portobello mushrooms.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper until blended. Half the beef and form two round patties that will fit inside your mushrooms.
- Pack the ground beef inside the mushroom.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 3-5 minutes. Lightly spray the basket with oil. Place the mushrooms in the basket and cook for 6 minutes. Open the basket and baste the tops and sides of the stuffed mushroom with butter.
- Cook an additional 6 minutes. If you wish to melt cheese on top, add a slice of cheese with one minute remaining (any longer and it might slide off the top).
- Remove the stuffed mushrooms from the basket. Garnish with your desired toppings.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.
6 thoughts on “Air Fryer Hamburger Stuffed Mushrooms”
This is so good!! One of my new favorite air fryer recipes!
What an interesting concept to reduce carbs. I’ll have to try this.
I have a bit of an intolerance to bread so this is a great idea for me for a filling burger recipe without a bun!
So easy to make and would be great for game day appetizers! Yum!
This is such a fabulous idea! I love this low-carb option and I am adding this to my dinner menu this week 🙂
I am in the market for an air fryer. Can someone let me know which make is the best?