Air fryer crispy ravioli is a great way to turn ravioli into a fun snack. Coated with a mixture of herbs, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, you simply can’t stop eating them.
» You might like Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower or Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites.
Among the many snack recipes we’ve made in the air fryer, these crispy raviolis are one of our favorites. All you need is a bag of frozen ravioli, eggs, breadcrumbs and spices. The only work you have to do is to dip the ravioli into the beaten eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture, and put them in the air fryer basket.
This recipe is very quick, yet impressive, so if you have sudden guests pop by, you can make a quick batch of crispy ravioli for everyone to snack on. Try the pasta chips and gnocchi in the air fryer as well, so easy and fun.
What Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is everything you need to make air fryer crispy ravioli:
- Ravioli: Frozen ravioli is easy to find. You can get any brand you like. You can also make them at home and freeze them. They do need to be frozen, so be sure to plan ahead if buying fresh.
- Eggs: Whisk the eggs in a bowl for dipping, or use a boxed liquid egg.
- Bread crumbs: use dry breadcrumbs for this recipe. They can be plain or seasoned to your liking.
- Shredded parmesan: shredded parmesan adds a cheesy and nutty flavour to this recipe. It also makes a crispier exterior, but it’s optional.
- Garlic powder and/or Italian seasoning: This blend of herbs and spices add tons of flavour to this recipe.
- Spray oil: you can either use spray oil or brush olive oil.
- Dipping sauce: Marinara or ranch dressing go well with these ravioli for dipping, but you can also get creative..
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Ravioli
If your non-stick surface is getting a little worn down, spray the air fryer basket with oil or line it with a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk them. Add the bread crumbs, parmesan and spices to another shallow bowl or plate. This will make your breading station.
Dip the frozen ravioli in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place them in the air fryer basket, leaving room between each so they aren’t overlapping. You’ll have to work in batches if you’re making more than can fit in one layer. Spray them lightly with oil.
Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. I use tongs to flip them gently so the breadcrumbs don’t come off in the flip. When they’re done, you can transfer them to a serving plate to serve right away. They’re way better when eaten hot.
Making crispy ravioli is really easy and there’s no much that can go wrong, but here are a few tips you should keep in mind when making air fryer crispy ravioli:
- Don’t skip the egg. You need it to help the breadcrumbs adhere to the ravioli.
- You can use premade Italian breadcrumbs. They already have dried herbs added to them. Or you can make your own.
- For a little bit of heat, add cayenne pepper or red chilli flakes to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Don’t forget to flip the ravioli halfway through the cook.
- You don’t need to thaw the frozen ravioli before air frying them. In fact, it’s best to use frozen ravioli so they don’t overcook on the inside while getting crispy outside.
Super Useful Air Fryer Accessories
Once you’ve started using your air fryer more regularly, you’ll find there are so many other ways you *could* be using it, if you had a few extra useful accessories. Here are a few favorites that we use almost every day.
- 12-piece accessories kit for 3.7-5.8 quart air fryers – includes silicone cake pan, cake barrel, pizza pan, toasting/warming rack, skewer rack, silicone mat, bread rack and more
- Thermopen instant read thermometer for checking the internal temp of your meats
- Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle – BPA, latex, and dehp-free plastic, won’t clog or shatter, reusable, refillable, recyclable
What to Serve Them With
There are so many dipping sauces you can serve with these air fryer crispy ravioli. I love serving it with marinara sauce. That’s everyone’s favorite. But you can also serve it with ranch dressing or an onion dip.
The best way to mix up this recipe and try something new is to change out the seasonings you use or by purchasing different types of ravioli.
Try these different fillings for your ravioli:
- Cheese and spinach
- Butternut squash
- Wild mushroom
- Three cheese
Seasonings also play a big role in the flavor of these ravioli. If using a plain cheese ravioli, it’s good to add some spices, like the garlic powder and Italian seaning in the original recipe. Instead, you could try:
- Pesto sauce
- Japanese 7 Spice
How to Store Air Fryer Crispy Ravioli
You can store the leftover air fryer crispy ravioli. Once they are cool down, store the leftover in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The longer you leave them in the refrigerator, the more they will turn soggy, though.
The best way to store the leftover air fryer crispy ravioli is not by refrigerating them but by freezing them. Once they are cool enough, place them in a zip-lock plastic bag and freeze. They will last for up to 3 months. You can reheat them by air frying them for 5 minutes or until they turn crispy again.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Air Fryer Crispy Ravioli
- 1 bag frozen ravioli
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spray oil
- 1 cup marinara and/or Ranch dressing for dipping
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk. Add the bread crumbs, parmesan and spices to another shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip the ravioli in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place them in the air fryer basket, leaving room between each so they aren’t overlapping. Spray lightly with oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve hot with marinara or Ranch dressing for dipping.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin it for later!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Crispy Ravioli”
Intend to try Air Fryer Crispy Ravioli recipe. However I do have a question/comment about recipe. In the HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CRISPY RAVIOLI section, the 3rd paragraph last sentence states “Spray them lightly with oil.” There is no mention of that in the recipe.
THat’s optional. If you like them a little more crispy, spray them lightly. It’s not required.