Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are quick and result in juicy patties perfect for your burgers. Whether you use homemade turkey patties or store-bought ones, these are cooked to perfection in an air fryer!
» You might also like these Air Fryer Chicken Breast without Breading or Easy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken.
🥳🥩New customers to ButcherBox get a FREE bundle including 2 lbs of ground beef, 3 lbs of chicken wings, and a 2.8 lb rack of St. Louis ribs. Offer ends March 19th. SIGN UP HERE
Super Useful Air Fryer Accessories
Once you’ve started using your air fryer more regularly, you’ll find there are so many other ways you *could* be using it, if you had a few extra useful accessories. Here are a few favorites that we use almost every day.
- 12-piece accessories kit for 3.7-5.8 quart air fryers – includes silicone cake pan, cake barrel, pizza pan, toasting/warming rack, skewer rack, silicone mat, bread rack and more
- Thermopen instant read thermometer for checking the internal temp of your meats
- Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle – BPA, latex, and dehp-free plastic, won’t clog or shatter, reusable, refillable, recyclable
Although store-bought turkey patties are convenient, I prefer making them at home. That’s because you can adjust the flavors according to your liking. So, it’s really up to you whether you use frozen or homemade turkey patties.
When you cook them in an air fryer, the patties don’t require oil. They cook evenly and are done in no time at all. Use the turkey patties to make a delicious burger for lunch, or serve it on a bed of lettuce for a low-carb alternative. Only have chicken? That’s cool too. Try our air fryer chicken patties recipe. For a low carb burger option try these hamburger stuffed mushrooms.
Ingredients You Need
If you’re using store-bought turkey patties, then that’s all you need. You can place as many turkey patties into the air fryer as can fit in a single layer. For me, that’s about 4 turkey patties at a time. You’ll also need burger buns and accoutrement if you’re making turkey burgers.
If you’re going to make your own homemade patties, then you’ll need a few more ingredients.
- Ground turkey: The main ingredient for this recipe is ground turkey. You can either buy minced turkey or grind turkey meat at home.
- Seasoning: Salt, black pepper, seasoning salt, onion, powder, and paprika are enough to bring out the flavor in this turkey patty recipe. However, if you like more flavors, add herbs, or chili powder, etc.
- Breadcrumbs: Adding some finely ground breadcrumbs will help bind together the turkey so it stays together in a patty without crumbling apart. I don’t use Panko here because the pieces are too big.
- Spray cooking oil: Spray cooking oil is an amazing product for air fryers. However, if you don’t have cooking spray oil, you can grease the air fryer basket with olive oil as well.
- For the burgers: Buns, tomato slices, onion slices, lettuce, mayo
How to Make Your Own Turkey Patties From Scratch
To make your own turkey patties, combine the ground turkey, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, paprika, onion powder and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. I just use my hands for this, because it’s easiest to make sure everything gets mixed together well.
Form flat, round patties with the turkey mixture. Put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up before cooking.
You can double or triple this recipe to make as many turkey patties as you need. You can also make a bunch and put the remaining in the freezer to make later. This is a great way to have turkey burgers on hand to make in a flash.
How to Cook Turkey Patties in the Air Fryer
Making turkey patties in an air fryer is very easy. Here are the few simple steps you have to follow:
Step 1: Start by either taking store-bought turkey patties out of the freezer, or taking your homemade turkey patties out of the refrigerator.
Step 2: Prepare the air fryer basket by spraying cooking oil on the bottom of the basket so the patties don’t stick. Place turkey patties in the basket.
Step 3: Cook thawed or homemade turkey patties in the air fryer for 8 minutes at 400° F (200°C). Flip the patties over halfway into the cooking process, so they get evenly browned on both sides. For frozen, cook the for an additional 2-4 minutes, for a total of 10-12 minutes.
Keep in mind that all air fryers cook slightly differently, so the timing might vary for your turkey patties. Frozen patties may need a few more minutes to finish cooking.
The turkey patties should reach an internal temperature of 165F when they are done. Remember to always check them with a meat thermometer to make sure they are at the correct temperature.
- Air fryer: I use this 4-quart basket-style air fryer. It’s large enough to fit 2 Chicken Kiev pieces. Give each piece of chicken Kiev enough space in the air fryer basket, so they cook evenly.
- Kitchen tongs: It’s very easy to remove food from your air fryer with kitchen tongs. I use these kitchen tongs that are silicon coated so they don’t scratch the interior.
- Meat thermometer: The only way to tell if meat is fully cooked to the right temperature is to use a meat thermometer. I use this Instant Read thermometer. It’s so quick to open the basket and check the temp.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen turkey patties in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen turkey patties in an air fryer. You don’t need to thaw frozen patties. In fact, in my opinion this is the best way to cook frozen turkey patties. Place them, frozen, in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400° F, flipping halfway.
Can you add more spices to turkey patties?
Absolutely! You can add different spices to make your turkey patties even more delicious. You can add Italian herbs, jerk seasoning, cumin, paprika, etc., to make them spicy and flavorful.
Can you coat these turkey patties in breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can coat your homemade turkey patties in an egg wash and then add breadcrumbs on each side. This will give the turkey a crunchy exterior, but it will need to be sprayed with cooking oil before cooking in order to produce that nice crispy crust.
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI PRO LE 5-QT AIR FRYER
There are a lot of features to love about this air fryer, but top of our list are the tempered glass display, super easy to clean basket, and ability to add shake reminders.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it with your friends on social media. For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Facebook, where we share our recipes daily.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 4 turkey patties homemade or purchased
- Spray cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 buns
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise if desired
For homemade turkey patties
- 1 pound ground turkey 450g turkey mince
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- To make your own turkey patties, combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, paprika, seasoned salt, onion powder and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. Form flat, round patties and place in refrigerator to firm up for at least 15 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and add turkey patties. For homemade patties, cook at 400°F (200°C) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. For frozen purchased turkey patties, cook at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once done, dress each bun with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and a turkey patty.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Pin this recipe for later!
Laura spends a lot of her time cooking and creating recipes to share. She loves traveling and learning about new foods around the world to bring into her own recipes at home.
4 thoughts on “Easy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers”
Great mix of seasonings and love that I can pull off a tasty protein dinner in a jif! I made my turkey patties using a slider pattie press which fit well in my air fryer and are better for my portion size. Cooked at 400 degrees for 3 minutes one side, flip then 4 minutes other. Excellent dipped in Chic-Filet Sauce
Glad you liked it Kimberly!
You mention Parmesan in the blog post but not in the recipe. Did I miss it?
Sorry about that. We removed the Parmesan after having made these more often. It’s better with breadcrumbs. The text has been fixed.