Air fryer Pork Kebabs are a great low carb meal with seasoned chunks of pork and vegetables on skewers, cooked quickly in the air fryer.
We often make pork kebabs on the grill outside, which is my favorite way to do it, because it locks in tons of flavor, but if you don’t have a BBQ grill or you don’t feel like firing it up, you can absolutely use the air fryer to make those kebabs!
These air fryer pork kebabs taste just like a grilled kebab, but without all the hassle. It’s also a great way to enjoy kebabs in any season!
All you have to do is put all the ingredients on a stick, season it, and cook it in the air fryer. That’s it! In a couple steps, you have a juicy and flavor-packed pork kebab that is ready to enjoy. For another easy option try these pork belly skewers. Have it for a simple dinner or make them for your next party!
Ingredients You Need
- Pork Loin – Lean cuts of pork work best for pork kebabs. Pork loin is my preferred cut because has a little more fat than a tenderloin and remains nice and tender when cooked. You can use pork tenderloin for a leaner cut or shoulder for a fattier cut.
- Yellow & Red Bell Peppers – Make a colorful kebab by using all the colors of bell peppers, or stick with just the one you like best.
- Onion – I actually like sweet onions best, if you can find them. They get a little sweet when cooked and are delicious. Any color of onion can be used, like yellow, white or red onions.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Olive oil will give the kebabs a bit more flavor, but a neutral oil can be used as well.
- Italian Seasoning – I mix up my own blend of oregano, thyme, and sage, but any Italian seasoning blend will work.
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper – Give the pork a boost of flavor with plenty of salt.
- Air fryer: I use this 4-quart basket-style air fryer. It’s large enough to fit 2 Chicken Kiev pieces. Give each piece of chicken Kiev enough space in the air fryer basket, so they cook evenly.
- Basting brush: You’ll mix together the olive oil and spices, you’ll then use a basting brush to coat the pork kebabs as they cook, so make sure the flavor gets into all the little crevices.
- Kebab skewers: I use these 6″ wooden skewers that fit perfectly in the basket of my air fryer.
- Kitchen tongs: It’s very easy to remove food from your air fryer with kitchen tongs. I use these kitchen tongs that are silicon coated so they don’t scratch the interior.
- Meat thermometer: The only way to tell if meat is fully cooked to the right temperature is to use a meat thermometer. I use this Instant Read thermometer. It’s so quick to open the basket and check the temp.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Kebabs
Cut the pork loin into bite sided chunks. You can make them larger or smaller, depending on your preference. You’ll want to cut the vegetables to be about the same size as the pork, so they all cook at about the same rate.
Thread the pork, pepper, and onions onto the 6” wooden skewers. There’s no need to soak the skewers beforehand, like you would for the grill, because they won’t get burned. Season the skewers with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the the olive oil, seasoning, and salt and pepper. This is your basting marinade. You’ll want to brush it onto the kebabs at the start and once or twice again during cooking, to make sure they get maximum flavor coverage.
Place the pork kebabs in the air fryer basket. Try not to overlap them. If you have to stack them, put them crosswise on the second row, so more of the surface of the kebabs is exposed to air.
Cook on 380˚F for 5 minutes. Open the basket and baste the skewers with the olive oil seasoning. Turn them over and baste the other side. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, as necessary to reach the right internal temperature of 140° F, basting one more time during cooking.
Be sure to check the internal temperature of the pork with a meat thermometer before you remove it from the air fryer. It should reach 140° F. If it’s not up to that temperature yet, continue cooking for a few minutes. In most cases 8-10 minutes is more than enough.
Substitutions & Variations
- Bacon: Add a bit of bacon to the kebabs for some fat and smokiness.
- Spices: In addition to the Italian seasoning, sprinkle some garlic powder or paprika on top for another layer of flavor. Experiment with other seasonings to see what blend you like best.
- Vegetables: Not a fan of bell peppers? No worries. There are so many yummy vegetables that pair well with pork kebabs. Try the kebabs with mushrooms, zucchini, or squash for a different flavor combination.
Questions About the Recipe
What kind of pork works best for kebabs?
This recipe uses pork loin, but lean cuts of pork will result in the best air fryer pork kebabs. Pork tenderloin could be a good substitute if you can’t find pork loin.
Are wooden skewers safe to use?
Since the kebabs will only be in the air fryer for a short time, they will be safe to use. But, if you are worried, then you can soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
Can I cook the pork kebabs in the oven?
Yes! Follow the same preparation steps, then bake them in the oven at 400°F for about 20 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F. If you are baking the skewers in the oven, make sure to soak the wooden skewers first to avoid them burning.
Can I use chicken instead?
Yes, you can use chicken instead of pork. The cook time will differ though, so keep an eye on the chicken while it cooks. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Storing & Reheating Tips
Fridge: Keep the cooled kebabs in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them by placing them in the air fryer at 340°F for about 3-5 minutes. If you want to make them ahead, thread the kebabs and wrap them well with plastic wrap, then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before proceeding with the air frying instructions.
Freezer: Place the leftover pork kebabs in an airtight container, then store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight first. Then reheat them as you would refrigerated pork kebabs.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Pork Kebabs
- 1 pound (450 g) pork loin cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into squares
- 1 red bell pepper cut into squares
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) Italian seasoning or blend of oregano, thyme, and sage
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) ground black pepper
- Thread the pork, pepper, and onions onto 6” wooden skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the pork kebabs in the air fryer basket. Cook on 380˚F for 5 minutes. Open the basket and baste the skewers with the olive oil seasoning. Turn them over and baste the other side. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, basting one more time during cooking.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Pin it for later!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.