Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites are easy to make and delicious. The crispy phyllo base, gooey brie and fruity cranberry sauce makes these cranberry brie bites a mouthwatering combination and a perfect appetizer or finger food.
Looking for a simple yet delicious appetizer to feed the crew? Try these air fryer cranberry brie bites and you’ll see why we love them so much. You can make them in no more than 10 minutes.
These bites have just three simple ingredients and they come together super quick, especially if you buy phyllo dough cups, which are already formed for exactly this type of recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is what you will need for these bites:
- Phyllo dough shells – Phyllo dough shells are easy to find, and you can get them from just about any grocery store. If you can’t find them, they are available on Amazon. Premade phyllo dough shells are convenient, and you can easily use them to make these delicious cranberry brie bites plus so many other appetizers.
- Whole cranberry sauce: Whole cranberry sauce is a sauce or jam made from fresh whole cranberries, sugar and water. It is easily available in any grocery store. For convenience, you can use premade cranberry sauce. However, if you love homemade sauces and happen to have cranberries available, you can make it yourself.
- Brie: Brie is a soft cheese made from cow’s milk. Apart from its soft texture, it has a fruity and nutty flavor. When using brie, make sure you remove the greyish rinds.
- Walnuts: Walnuts add a great crunchy texture to these bites. Use slightly toasted walnuts for a toasted flavor and to prevent getting a bitter dry taste.
- Chives: Adding finely chopped chives will give these bites a savory and slightly grassy flavor.
How to Make It
We make these all the time for parties because they’re so easy and everyone loves them. They particularly make a great holiday appetizer because they’re festively colored.
It’s best to make them right before they’ll be consumed, while the cheese is still warm. They can start to become soggy and cold after about 20 minutes and aren’t as good.
Step 1: Start by trimming the rinds of the brie cheese. Cut the cheese into small pieces. The size should be small enough to fit the phyllo cups easily.
Step 2: Place brie pieces into the phyllo cups and top with about a teaspoon of cranberry sauce. You don’t want it to overflow, so don’t put in more than the cup can hold.
Step 3: Top each phyllo cup with toasted walnuts. Just scatter a few on top, no need to overload them.
Step 4: Place the shells in the air fryer basket and cook for about 5 minutes at 250° F (120° C). Once done, take them out of the basket, garnish with chopped chives and serve them warm.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
Other Flavor Combinations
These little appetizers will are going to be the hit of the party. Here are some different flavor combinations to try.
Caramel apple – Brie, chopped up granny smith apple and top of caramel sauce.
Apple cranberry – Brie, chopped up granny smith apple and cranberry sauce.
Apricot walnut – Brie, apricot jam and chopped walnuts.
Tips & Notes
- It’s best to make them right before they’ll be consumed, while the cheese is still warm. They can start to become soggy and cold after about 20 minutes and aren’t as good.
- You can eat the rind of the brie, its perfectly edible. If you don’t’ like the texture you can cut it off.
- Try different combinations of jams and jellies, nuts, and herbs.
Can I substitute brie with any other cheese?
Yes. If you don’t have brie cheese, you can use Camembert instead as well. It has almost the same fruity and earthy flavor as brie. You want a nice creamy cheese that melts well without greasiness, so cheeses like cheddar don’t work well.
Can I Make Brie Bites With Other Sauces?
Yes, you can make these bites using other sauces or jams instead of cranberries. The idea is to use something that’s tart and acidic to balance out the fattiness of the cheese. As long as the jam you’re using doesn’t have a ton of sugar and is overly sweet, you can use it for these bites. Try blackberry or red currant. Something spicy like chutney would be interesting.
Can I Use Another Type of Nut?
You can use just about any type of nut you prefer, from pecans to almonds, slivered almond, pistachios, or even pine nuts. You just want to add a bit of crunch to the top for texture.
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 package phyllo dough shells
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces Brie rind removed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Cut the brie into squares that will fit into the phyllo cups. Place the cheese into the cups and top with 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- Place the shells into the air fryer basket and cook at 350° F (180°C) for 5 minutes. Top with chives and serve warm.
- If you have trouble with the shells flying around in the basket use a trivet or rack to hold them down.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
Pin this recipe for later!
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.