Making Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits is a simple and quick way to get fluffy and perfectly flaky biscuits in less time than you would in the oven.
One of the simplest ways to make biscuits is in the air fryer. All you need are some frozen biscuits and about 15 minutes of your time.
We like Grands Buttermilk biscuits. You can buy them in a bag of 12 or 20 frozen biscuits and keep them in the freezer for whenever you want to make them.
Frozen biscuits in the air fryer always turn out perfectly. You can serve them alongside fried chicken and mashed potatoes for a complete meal, or make a breakfast sandwich with them, or use them for biscuits and gravy in the morning.
Ingredients You Need
- Frozen biscuits – It doesn’t matter what frozen biscuits you use. They will all cook at about the same rate. You can even reheat your own homemade frozen biscuits using this recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits
Place the biscuits spaced out in the air fryer basket. They need a little room around all sides to get crispy.
Cook at 330°F for 10 minutes. Gently loosen the biscuits from the basket, in case they are stuck. Flip them over and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes, or until they are golden and cooked through.
If biscuits are still a big doughy in the middle, leave them in the shut off, closed basket for 2-3 minutes.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
How to Make Canned Biscuits in the Air Fryer
If you are wanting to use canned biscuits rather than frozen biscuits, you can do that too in the air fryer.
Just take the biscuits out of the tin and place them, spaced apart in the air fryer basket. Cook on 320° F for 11-13 minutes. When they become golden on the top, they are ready.
You may need to make them in batches, depending the size of your air fryer. I’ve also found that I sometimes have to turn the biscuits over once during cooking for the bottoms to get crispy.
Questions About the Recipe
Do I need to defrost the biscuits first?
No, you don’t need to defrost the biscuits and I wouldn’t recommend doing it, even if you have the time. They can cook perfectly in the air fryer from frozen.
Does this recipe work for the oven?
I like to use an air fryer, because it involves less clean up and preparation. However, you can bake them in the oven at 425° F for about 15 – 17 minutes.
Tips & Advice
- You don’t want to crowd the biscuits in the basket. They need space around all sides to get properly cooked.
- You do need to flip the biscuits over halfway through cooking to get an even cook. Sometimes the biscuits will stick to the bottom of the pan, so you’ll need to be careful loosening them.
- If the biscuits aren’t fully cooked through the center and are a big doughy still, leave them in the air fryer basket for a few minutes, turned off, with the door closed. They will finish cooking gently without becoming overdone on top.
What Type of Biscuits to Use
The most often used frozen biscuits are probably Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk style or Country style, but these aren’t the only frozen biscuits you can use in the air fryer. There are many brands of frozen biscuits, including Great Value biscuits from Walmart, Hungry Jack, Bisquick, and Annie’s Homegrown Flaky Organic Biscuits.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Biscuits
These air fryer biscuits make a great side dish for a lot of different meals. We love to serve them with chili and stews in the winter and with fried chicken in the summer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Easy Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits Recipe
- 6 frozen biscuits we use Pillsbury Grands
- Place the biscuits spaced out in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 330°F for 10 minutes. Gently loosen the biscuits from the basket, in case they are stuck. Flip over and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- If biscuits are still a big doughy in the middle, leave them in the shut off, closed basket for 2-3 minutes.
All air fryers have different wattage and may cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the time or temp for the best results.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Laura is a passionate foodie and owner of Air Fry Anytime She is dedicated to sharing delicious recipes and helpful tips for using air fryers at home. With years of experience in the kitchen and a love for healthy, flavorful cooking, Laura has become an expert at using air fryers to create amazing meals that are both nutritious and delicious.