You might be surprised to hear that when it comes to steak, the air fryer delivers juicy, tender, and flavorful steaks cooked to perfection. These mouthwatering air fryer steak recipes will help you develop rich flavors and enjoy steakhouse-quality meals at home.
Whether you prefer a classic ribeye, a melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon, or a quick and easy flank steak, the air fryer can handle it all.
Why The Air Fryer Is Perfect For Cooking Steaks
The air fryer is the perfect tool for cooking steak for several reasons. Firstly, it uses a powerful convection heating system that circulates hot air around the food, creating a crisp and browned exterior while locking in the natural juices and flavors.
The air fryer offers precise temperature control, allowing you to cook your steak to your desired level of doneness with ease. Additionally, the air fryer’s rapid cooking time is a major advantage when it comes to steak. Unlike traditional oven baking, the air fryer preheats quickly and cooks food faster, reducing the overall cooking time.
- 2 independent XL air fryer baskets
- Integrated Foodi® Smart Thermometer
- Cook 2 foods 2 ways that finish at the same time
Air Fryer Steak Recipes
Rubs, Marinades, and Compound Butter
Internal Temperatures For Steak
Remember that every air fryer differs as does the thickness of your steak, so you will need to use a meat thermometer to get the proper doneness you prefer.
- For rare, you want 125° F (52° C)
- For medium rare, you want 130°F (54°C)
- For medium it’s 140°F (60°C)
- For medium well it’s 150°F (66°C)
- For well done it’s 160°F (71°C)
Additional Helpful Tips
- Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking by letting it sit out for about 30 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to ensure that it reaches the correct cooking temperature.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the steak is cooked to your preferred internal temperature. For medium-rare, the final internal temperature after resting should be around 135°F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the steak against the grain for maximum tenderness.
- Pair the steak with your favorite sides, such as asparagus, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Why Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is an incredibly easy way to cook just about anything. You place the food in a fryer-style basket and hot air rapidly circulates all around the food, making the food crisp – much like deep-frying, but without the oil. You can cook anything you’d make in the oven.
- I use a Ninja MaxXL air fryer (pictured left). If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out these options to find one that fits your needs.
- See reviews and prices for air fryers on Amazon.
- Here’s a printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet to get you started.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Air Fryer.
- Learn how to make fun things in the air fryer, like potato wedges, pork belly bites, and chicken wings.
How To Reheat Steak
To reheat your steak in the air fryer, first start out with steak that has been brought up to room temperature. Place the steak in the air fryer basket. Spray or coat the steak with cooking oil. For extra goodness, add a dollop of butter on the top of each steak.
Cook at 350°F until the steak reaches 130°F, or more, depending on your desired doneness. This will take about 3-8 minutes. Check it every 2 minutes to prevent over cooking.
What Side Dishes to Serve?
You can serve some really easy side dishes with your main dish cooked in the Air Fryer. Sometimes, you can cook them together in the air fryer to make it even faster.
Some of our favorite side dishes to serve include:
- Air fryer cauliflower
- Air fryer baked potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- Corn on the cob
- Crispy smashed potatoes
- Cottage fries
Here are 28 more air fryer side dishes to try
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Angela is a talented home cook and passionate advocate for healthy, flavorful cooking in the air fryer. She shares her favorite air fryer recipes and helpful tips for using this versatile kitchen appliance to create delicious, nutritious meals.